SpDUG organiza durante los días 9, 10 y 11 de Junio tres seminarios de día completo impartidos por Cristian Molaro, consultor DB2 independiente e "IBM Gold Consultant".
Los interesados en asistir a los seminarios deben inscribirse en el siguiente formulario. SpDUG se pondrá en contacto con la persona interesada para formalizar la inscripción y proporcionar los datos de pago. La tasa de inscripción es de 350€ por 1 seminario, 600€ por 2 seminarios y 850€ por los 3 seminarios e incluye los materiales del curso, café y almuerzo. A las personas que asistieron a los seminarios del año 2013, se les aplicará un descuento del 10% en cualquiera de las modalidades. Los seminarios se impartirán en español en el Hotel NH Parque Avenidas, Calle Biarritz 2, 28028 Madrid en horario de de 9:15 a 17:15 horas. La comida tendrá lugar en el mismo hotel.
Seminario A - 9 Junio 2014
DB2 for z/OS System Topics
A deep exploration of DB2 for z/OS system topics with a pragmatic approach.
This seminar revisits and discovers hard-core DB2 system topics to enable you to understand how DB2 works. The seminar focuses on providing you the knowledge to audit and to fix the performance and heath of DB2. The discussion covers DB2 internals and the interactions between DB2 and the rest of the System z ecosystem.
To maximize the practical value, the topics are discussed in a structured way:
- Principle of operation
- What you should know
- Settings guidelines
- Monitoring an performance tuning guidelines
- Covered topics include:
- What is new in DB2 10
- What is new in DB2 11
- Buffer pool tuning and large page frames
- EC12 and Flash express: what you have to know
- Synergy with System z servers
- System z specialty engines
- WLM and DB2 for z/OS
- Security in RACF
- Reorg avoidance
- ZParm considerations and update
- Extended RBA and LRSN
- Performance, performance, performance: common problems with quick solutions
- DB2 instrumentation facility
- What to look for in a DB2 Statistics Report
- Reusing, protecting threads and breaking into threads
- DDF system settings to know and verify
- This session will update you in the DB2 internals, and will provide you with the tools to get the most of the DB2 system.
Seminario B - 10 Junio 2014
Analyzing performance using stats & accounting reports
The DB2 Instrumentation Facility (also known as Trace) provides detailed information like (system) statistics and accounting. With so much information it could appear to be daunting sometimes. Using DB2's trace information to solve problems and to improve performance is not that difficult when using the correct method. Analyzing DB2 performance using statistics and accounting reports is not an art, is a skill. This seminar will discuss the methods, the techniques, and tricks that will help to get the most of the DB2 reports.
- Best practices on managing and administering DB2 statistics and accounting traces
- Statistics report
- What are the important sections of a Statistics report
- How to read a Statistics report
- Performance opportunities
- Common problems found by looking into Statistics reports
- Accounting reports
- What are the important sections of an Accounting report
- How to read an Accounting report
- Performance opportunities
- Common problems found by looking into Accounting reports
- Real life examples
- Other reports at a glance
- Performance reports
- Audit reports
- Trace reports
- When and how to use them
- Real life examples
- Putting all in perspective: when Statistics encounter Accounting
- Hidden gems in the DB2 instrumentation facilities
- Hints and tips for an self conducted DB2 health check
Seminario C - 11 Junio 2014
DB2 LUW : DR, HA, HADR, and pureScale demystified
Update on DB2 LUW Disater recovery (DR), High Availability (HA), HADR and pureScale. This seminar discusses the key value features of DB2 High availability disaster recovery (HADR) option and pureScale. It will help to understand how this technology works and what are the strengths of each option. The focus is on describing the functionality, the applicability, and the synergy opportunities of these technologies. This session also discusses the availability solution for DB2 databases, and gives a pragmatic view of their applicability.
- What are the main considerations for DR?
- When should I exploit HA?
- When should I exploit HADR?
- When should I use pureScale?
- How can I maximize availability by combining them?
Cristian Molaro is an independent DB2 specialist and an IBM Gold Consultant. He was recognized by IBM as an Information Champion in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. His main activity is linked to DB2 for z/OS administration and performance. He has presented papers at several international conferences and local user groups in Europe and North America. He is coauthor of 9 IBM Redbooks related to DB2 including the recent "Optimizing DB2 Queries with IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS". He also contributed as a Technical Editor in IBM's DB2 Essentials by Raul Chong and Clara Liu. Cristian is part of the IDUG EMEA Conference Planning Committee, where he works as the Marketing Team Leader, and he is Chairman of the DB2 LUW User Group BeLux. Cristian was recognized by IBM as "TOP" EMEA Consultant at IDUG EMEA DB2 Tech Conference Prague 2011.
Hotel NH Parque Avenidas, Calle Biarritz 2, 28028 Madrid.